The Best Automated Crypto Trading Bots in the Market
As crypto markets are starting to recover from the 2018 bear market slowly, we’re noticing an increased trend of users interested in automated crypto trading bots and services.
In this article, we’ll explore the top crypto trading bots currently available in the market. Let’s take a look at the top players. The infographic below breaks down 8 of the most popular automated trading bots used by crypto traders by monthly website visits (data collected from SimilarWeb).
We can see the top 3 trading bots by monthly website visits: 3Commas, Cryptohopper, and Shrimpy. These trading bots sustain 1.7M, 487K, and 80k monthly visits, respectively. Let’s go over all of the top trading bots and see how they differ.
3Commas is one of the most well-known trading bots in the market. The name referencing the billion-dollar club is a Russian made software solution. 3Commas is a crypto trading terminal which features bot trading and portfolio management. It features a SmartTrade terminal that allows users to execute orders and trades, set bot-trading, and stop-loss/profit positions.
- Their plans range in pricing from $22 to $75 per month.
- Binance, CEX.io, Coinbase Pro, Bittrex, BitMEX, Poloniex, YoBit.net, KuCoin, Bitfinex, OKEX, HitBTC, Huobi Global, Bitstamp.
Cryptohopper is a crypto trading platform that focuses on the automated bot and copy trading. Cryptohopper allows users to trade based on either their own personal indicators or copy other traders’ strategies.
Users can build a trading strategy using over 130+ indicators & candlestick patterns in Cryptohopper’s trading strategy designer. It also features a marketplace where users can buy-and-sell trading signals and strategies from preconfigured setups from screened traders. Cryptohopper also offers paper trading for those interested in trading “risk-free.”
- Their plans range in pricing from $19 to $99 per month.
- Huobi, Binance, Poloniex, Bittrex, Coinbase Pro, Kraken, Bitfinex, KuCoin.
Shrimpy is the leading portfolio management application. Unlike other trading bots, Shrimpy focuses on portfolio strategies such as rebalancing. Automate your portfolio in under 5 minutes by signing up, plugging in exchange API keys, selecting assets, and entering a rebalance period. It’s the low maintenance way to simplify your crypto involvement.
Shrimpy’s Universal Crypto Trading API provides developers with a solution to manage all their users, essentially acting like a complete user management solution. Instead of bogging down your servers with user requests, each user can directly communicate with Shrimpy to access their accounts, execute trades, and collect data. This frees up development resources and allows your team to focus on your core product offerings.
Beyond the back-end system architecture necessary for low latency trading applications, developers who try to integrate exchanges manually are also faced with maintaining each exchange through sporadic updates. As the number of exchanges increases, so makes the difficulty with maintaining these exchanges. Using the Shrimpy APIs doesn’t require any maintenance. The Shrimpy team handles exchange integration and any updates that require immediate attention.
Shrimpy’s Universal Crypto Exchange API was created to address critical developer challenges in the crypto space:
- Low-Latency Order Execution & Automated Trading
- User Authorization and Management
- Business & Product Scaling
- Real-time Data & Analytics
- The Shrimpy plans range in pricing from $12 to $19 per month. The free plan provides access to all portfolio allocation, trading, rebalancing, and exchange management features for free.
- KuCoin, Bittrex, Coinbase Pro, Binance, Kraken, Poloniex, Huobi, Gemini, Bibox, BitMart, Huobi Global, HitBTC, OKEX, Bitstamp.
Cryptotrader is a cloud-based algorithmic trading platform for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Cryptotrader provides automated trading bots on a scalable cloud capable of providing instant alerts and notifications.
In addition to automated and indicator-based trading bots, Cryptotrader also has a Strategy Marketplace that lets users purchase trading strategies. Cryptotrader also lets users backtest trading strategies.
- Their plans range in pricing from $16 to $200 per month.
- Binance, Kraken, Coinbase Pro, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Poloniex, Huobi, Bitstamp, OKCoin
HaasOnline offers complete and granular control for each trading bot, offering a wide configuration of trading indicators into each bot. HaasOnline can support multiple-exchanges, effectively allowing users to identify and execute arbitrage opportunities.
- HaasOnline offers quarterly subscriptions starting at .04 BTC.
- Binance, Bitfinex, BitMEX, Bitstamp, Bittrex, CCEX, CEX.io, Cobinhood, Coinbase Pro, Deribit, Gemini, HitBTC, Huobi, economy, Kraken, KuCoin, Nova, OKCoin, OKEX, OKEX Futures, Poloniex.
CryptoBot is a crypto trading software that trades through API Keys. Run through trading bot software installed by users on their own computers, GunBot is a lifetime subscription software service that lets users construct and execute automated trading strategies.
- CryptoBot currently offers lifetime license packages starting from .1 BTC.
- CryptoBot supports Bitmex, Poloniex, Bittrex, Binance, Coinbase Pro, Cex.io, Kraken, Bitfinex, Kucoin, Huobi.
In addition to indicator and signal-based trading, ProfitTrailer also lets users subscribe to signals and run concurrent trading strategies on a single exchange. It also has an advanced paper trading feature for no-risk traders.
ProfitTrailer offers monthly packages from €39/month to €89/month, with the option to purchase lifetime licenses.
ProfitTrailer supports Binance, Bittrex, Huobi, Kucoin, Poloniex, VPS.
Margin is an automated trading terminal designed exclusively for bitcoin and cryptocurrency traders. It offers a clean trading interface focusing on providing a simple user experience with beautiful visuals for an exceptional trading experience. Margin also lets users quickly set up automated trading bots and strategies with a suite of widely used trading indicators.
Margin offers lifetime licenses starting from $89 and up to $1999.
Several trading bot solutions exist in the market. Ultimately, your choice of trading bots rests on your crypto trading strategies and preferences.
Do you want absolute control over your trading bot and configure every bit of detail? Do you want to use a simple trading bot that doesn’t require much setup? Or do you want to pay and copy someone else’s trades?
The following table is a quick reference for crypto traders interested in implementing an automated trading bot solution for their own crypto-asset portfolio.